Saturday, September 13, 2008

wedding saturday

A wedding idea that I have seen in a few places is using photos as decoration for weddings. Go figure that I LOVE this idea. :-) Weddings are such a personal thing; but with all of the traditions and expectations and cookie cutter wedding suppliers, I think that the real meaning of the day (joining that specific couple in marriage) gets lost. Using photos are a fabulous way to connect guests with the couple and to make the décor personal. Also, using photos of family honor the people that raised you, love you, and taught you about marriage. For the sake of space I’m ignoring all of the other ways photography can be a part of the day (Polaroid guest books, photo booths, photo invitations or save-the-dates, etc.)

My favorite ideas:

Adorn a vase centerpiece or the bride’s bouquet with miniature frames displaying loved ones.

(Vase photo from Snippet and Ink)

Usually I am not a huge fan of favors… they seem unnecessary. But, when I ran across this idea, I was sold. Decorate chocolate bars with childhood photos of the bride and groom, or pictures of your trips that you’ve taken together. So many possibilities with this idea…

(Chocolate photo from Martha Stewart Weddings)


And for a playful, retro-inspired event, what could be better than your faces displayed on bottles of Jones soda? :-)

(Jones soda photo)

1 comment:

Kari L'Esperance said...

Someone's got wedding on the brain!!!

Kari