Wednesday, September 10, 2008

COLOR, yum!

I’ve had a life-long affair with color. (Don't tell B!) More specifically, I LOVE combining colors into a pleasing palette for interior design, graphic design, or events. I wanted to share one of my favorite color tools I’ve found online:

Color palette generator… love it!

So. Say you are decorating a room in your house. I could totally see using this by picking a (color) photograph that you LOVE the feel of, one that you really connect with, and using this tool to plan your room.

I chose this one for this exercise:

(Building/palette photo)


I loved the blues together… I could see this being a bright and fun family room that has a modern feel.

Based on the colors it pulled out, I could see the walls being painted one of the “dull” colors in this case – maybe the second to the top blue one.

I didn’t fuss with this too much, but I think you can get the gist of what the room would look like.

(Room photo)


How cool is that?

All of the furniture is from CB2… if I were doing this in real life, I would mix and match different pieces from different places, and add a few of my own touches.

This technique would also work for different things as well – an outfit, wedding, kid’s birthday party… FUN. If you go back and look at my wedding post from Saturday, you might notice that I used the sunset picture to generate the colors on the bottom right and based the rest of the images and colors from those.

love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous aide to help if you can't quite jump the designing hurdles, such as: "what colors do i pick? What would be a good transition color? and What colors work well together?"