Thursday, September 4, 2008

fashion help, please!!

So, I bought a $350 dress. For $40 incl shipping! The joys of eBAY... (link goes to the other items that the seller has who I bought from)

The outfit is for a formal dinner/social on post with B in a few weeks... I am under strict instruction to not wear anything too flashy :)

The outfit in progress:


(click to view a bit larger)

I think the dress fits the bill PERFECTLY. I love it. But, I have no idea where to go with for the accessories... I can't figure out the fashion puzzle...

**Side note: the reason I love fashion is because putting together a great outfit is such a challenge! You want the perfect blend of color, texture, excitement, etc... it's a lot like graphic design in that regard. Once you solved the puzzle, you just KNOW it. The outfit FEELS right!**

... I'm thinking two MAYBE three of the accessories will be plenty, I hate looking overdone. Thoughts??? Back to the drawing board?


The pretty clutch is from etsy:
CLUTCH

The hair flower and simple cluth are on eBay.

And the GORGEOUS necklace would be a splurge on etsy:
NECKLACE

I'm thinking a cheaper forever21 multi-strand necklace would work well too.


love!

3 comments:

Kaye Putnam said...

Don't be shy...

Anonymous said...

The dress is simply gorgeous; and will look very hot on you! :) as for fashion advice I think you are doing just fine, can't say I would be any more help! Love ya! I've enjoyed reading your blog, very entertaining! Call me!

-kate

Kaye Putnam said...

YAYYY!! A comment! :) :) :)

Than you! and love ya babe! We must get together soon...