Friday, September 12, 2008

Twitter



You might have noticed the Twitter updates on the right hand side of my blog...

I’m still undecided about Twitter. On one hand, I like the idea – it gives readers an update into your life at the moment, and keeps you connected to your readers on a frequent basis. The way that I use it is pretty much identical to Facebook’s status update (you can even sync the two, but I keep them separate since I have different readers here and on FB).

On the other hand, I don’t think I am getting the full potential out of it. Considering none of my friends use Twitter, I don’t use the “follow” feature. Essentially, if you are following someone (from what I understand, I haven’t tried it yet) you can view their updates online (same as FB, boring) or you can have them sent to your phone as a text message. I could see the latter being much more interesting and entertaining… it would basically be a mass text to the people who want to know what you are up to.

After some more exploring, I found this youTube video that explains Twitter “in plain English.”



Interesting… but too similar to FB to get any real use from me, I think, beyond this blog.

What do you think? Would you use it?

love!

No comments: