Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Frosh

Hello my faithful readers (wink, wink… I know you read because this gets sent to your email)!

It is the first day of class here at Tech, and it is a little chaotic as usual with all of the new freshmen ambling around in pairs of two or three, staring at their printed schedule in their hands, trying to decipher the maze of Tech’s random building numbers. Of course, all the while trying to look cool and collected and at least moving in SOME direction so they don’t LOOK like freshmen.

I’ve felt a little like that myself lately. I’m done doing photography, at least in the professional sense. This has freed me to explore new ideas and concentrate on my schoolwork; which has been great. Dean’s list 3 semesters in a row, baby! I’m in a bit of a limbo until I finish up being a student (which I am SO ready to do) and start building my new life. Owning my own business and being a photographer was a big part of what defined me for a long time. So now I’m thrown back into being a “freshman”: redefining what I want to do with myself, what path I’m going to pursue, and probably ambling around in a way that looks random or misdirected to others.

This blog has been evidence of this – short, random, admittedly boring posts… I was having trouble finding my voice.

--

After some introspective thinking this weekend, I have a LOT of really interesting topics I want to talk about and share. Conversations that are relevant to being a college student, living in this little community, interacting with the world and with friends (who are maybe all over the world or country), marketing and design, and other random ideas and photos I hope you will find interesting!

Don’t feel obligated to read along. :) This is as much of an exercise for myself as it is to share with all of you. But if you do read along, feel free to comment on the posts if you have a minute or a thought, or at least click through the email to the blog to see the pretty pictures I post!

love!



(photo is from inside Chicago O'Hare, where a lot of this said thinking took place)

No comments: