Thursday, September 11, 2008

Etsy-liscious

When I first heard about Etsy, I dismissed the idea – I was told it was a bunch of independent artists who put their work on a common website to sell their art/products. To be honest, it sounded a bit hippie dippy and green earthy to me. Don’t get me wrong, I try to do my part to be good to our environment, but wearing hemp clothing and flow-y skirts really isn’t my style.

Boy was I wrong!

I heard about Etsy a few more times, this time through the wedding blogs that I read, and there are some GORGEOUS products available through Etsy that you could never find any where else. There are the hemp clothing and organic products there as well, but the beauty of Etsy is the huge range of the artists’ styles.

Let me show you:

Citizen Fox Jewelry: cool, kitschy, unique jewelry. Almost reminds me of forever21 or Urban Outfitters, except nobody else would have the same necklace as you.

One that I liked, in honor of my B:



girl by Aileen: gorgeous, modern, patterned clutches. Not super cheap (they run from like $25-$45) but not super expensive by any means, considering they are hand made.

This one caught my eye:




Made by Michelle Brusegaard: BEAUTIFUL paper and textile products. I love the colors and graphics that she uses. With all of the e-mail and texting now a days, sending a hand written note is SO special. I need to get better at doing this. Maybe if I buy some beautiful stationary I’ll be inspired! Oh, and she makes scarves too!!

Thank you cards:




Jeneri Jewelry: feminine jewelry…simply gorgeous. This one is more window shopping for me… I haven’t quite justified spending the money for one of her pieces. Not as a poor college student, anyway! But this hasn’t stopped me from drooling over them…

Fresh and feminine necklace:



There are sooooo many more things available on the website. Home décor, paintings, clothing, furniture, journals… etc, etc, etc. The other VERY COOL thing about the website is you can talk to the artists directly and have a custom piece done exactly how you want it. I haven't explored this yet, but I could totally see myself using the website for invitations, custom stationary, or personalized wall decor...

Happy shopping!

love!

No comments: