Saturday, September 6, 2008

wedding saturday

I admit it... I've had weddings on the brain lately...

For a few reasons:
1. I used to be in the business! I've been out long enough now that I'm not jaded anymore. :P
2. I've discovered some wedding blogs that are GORGEOUS and inspiring (more on this in tomorrow's post)
3. Weddings are a combination of so many beautiful things and colors: papers, fashion, flowers, graphic design, tradition, photography, food,... pretty much all of my favorite things.
4. and of course, I'm in love with a boy :)

So, behold:: Saturdays are now proclaimed "wedding saturdays!" so I can get some of my creative energy and favorite ideas out in one place. So bear with me, and enjoy the beautiful images!

--

One wedding idea I LOVE is a tool for the planning stages: the inspiration board. This is a mis-mash of colors, textures, and things that you like the "feel" of, so you can get a good sense of what your whole event is going to look and feel like. It doesn't need to be all-inclusive, just a snapshot of the personality and design of your event.

This is the first board I tried creating. An outdoor, lake superior sunset inspired, casual wedding:



LtoR: JCrew Navy Dress, Brides.com flower arrangement, Brides.com tent photo, Brides.com white flowers, flickr sunset, Brides.com cursive blue sign, Tacori ring, ? blue shoes, Forever21 scarf, Nordstrom white dress, Brides.com tree lights, Flickr Lake Superior Sunset, Nordstrom navy dress, Dillards navy dress, Dillards navy dress, ? orange flowers, tiebar.com ties, Brides.com cake, blue damask pattern (love!)

love!

No comments: