Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a mild obsession [brooches]

So... I'm a little obsessed. With brooches. Typical girl I am, I love sparkly things.

My first idea, which I'm particularly excited about, is this...

For the moms and grandmas, I think this would be something extra special! I'm thinking about using it in place of the floral wrist corsages that they usually wear at weddings. The only thing I'm a little hung up on is I wonder if it'll look weird in family photos if the ladies don't have a corsage to wear, but the guys to? Or if the aunts/sisters/etc are wearing flowers pinned on and the moms/grandmas aren't? Thoughts? Opinions?

More typical uses of brooches that I'll probably do are like these photos:





ahhh.... love.

Garage sales, estate sales, HERE I COME!

1 comment:

Loretta Marie said...

Love the idea of brooches on the cake! And as for the moms/grandmas... just make sure that their brooches are seen in the pictures and I'm sure it'll look good. Good luck with all your planning!