Sunday, August 1, 2010

Photographs stand the test of time... {personal}

I've been hanging on to these images for a while now, not really sure what I wanted to do with them. They are photos (of photos) from a collection that my late great-grandma collected. The people in the images, though I'm not sure who many of them are, are family and family friends from years ago. I'd like to share a few of them that caught my eye, because they reminded me how important photographs are for a family record. Beautiful nastolgia.

I *think* this one is my Nana when she was a little girl:
keeweenaw-old-photograph011

keeweenaw-old-photograph010

keeweenaw-old-photograph9

keeweenaw-old-photograph8

keeweenaw-old-photograph7

Looks like somebody spooked the baby: :-)
keeweenaw-old-photograph6


The following are old photographs from where I grew up... the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan:

keeweenaw-old-photograph5

keeweenaw-old-photograph4

Eagle River:
keeweenaw-old-photograph3

keeweenaw-old-photograph2

keeweenaw-old-photograph

Aren't those great?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

i LOVE these! i wonder if my grandparents have very many photos that are as old as these...i know one grandmother has some in photo albums. the next time i'm in Florida i'm going to ask her if i can scan some copies!

Anonymous said...

The fifth one down (of the couple) is Grandpa and Grandma (Granny) Immonen. -Mom